VOTE FOR KRISTEN (Team Pigasus)!
Pamplemaïs Sablés with Cotton Candy Ganache
½ cup butter, softened
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 egg yolks, room temperature
1 cup flour
¼ cup cornmeal
1 tablespoon grapefruit zest
1 tablespoon grapefruit juice
2 oz white chocolate
2 tablespoons heavy cream
6 grams cotton candy
- Beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg yolks and beat until well blended.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add the flour, cornmeal, grapefruit zest and juice. Mix until just combined.
- Shape dough into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Roll the dough out until about 3/8” thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out rounds, and place them about ½” apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze the cookies for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the cookies until the centers are set and the edges are just starting to brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate (microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds, stir, microwave in additional 10 second intervals, stirring after each until smooth).
- Warm the cream to room temperature or above.
- Add ½ the cream to the chocolate and stir. Add the remaining cream and stir until smooth.
- Add the cotton candy to the ganache and stir until dissolved.
- Ice the cookies with the ganache, forming 8 triangles to resemble a grapefruit slice.