Quinoa “Polenta” with Fig Balsamic Reduction
• 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
• 1 cup whole soaked cashews
• ½ cup nutritional yeast
• Garlic powder
• ½ cup Gin-gin candies
1. Place all ingredients in food processor and process on high until smooth. Mixture will be a bit dry and will start sticking together.
2. Place a sheet of plastic wrap on the kitchen counter; scoop out the mixture with your hands and form a log. Wrap the log in the plastic wrap and chill for half an hour.
3. Place large skillet on cooktop and add ¼ cup olive oil. Bring oil to medium heat.
4. Unwrap and slice the “polenta” log into ½-inch thick pieces.
5. Saute the “polenta” discs on one side for 5 minutes, flip and saute the other side for five minutes.
6. Remove from the pan, place on plate, cover with vegetables, followed by fig balsamic reduction glaze.
• Mini sweet peppers, julienned, seasoned, coated with olive oil, and roasted
• Fresh collards, chopped and sauteed with olive oil and onions
• Baby bella mushrooms, sliced and sauteed with vegan butter or with olive oil.
Fig balsamic reduction glaze:
• 10 fresh fig, sliced in half scooped out (throw away the skins)
• 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1 Tablespoon vanilla
Instructions: Place the three ingredients in a sauce pan on low heat for half an hour, stirring often.