Ginger Caramelized Onions
-3 large sweet onions
– ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-1 Tablespoon Crushed Ginger Candies
-Pinch of Salt
1. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high.
2. Thinly slice onions root to tip and add to skillet, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
3. Add crushed ginger candies and a pinch of salt.
4. Cook for an additional 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions are a caramel brown color.
5. A few tablespoons of water can be added throughout the cooking process to prevent onions from drying out.
Balsamic Maple Quinoa
-1 Cup quinoa
-1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
-1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
-1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Add 2 cups of water and 1 cup of rinsed quinoa to a pot.
2. Bring water to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Add Balsamic Vinegar, Maple Syrup, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil to cooked quinoa (adjust measurements to taste for a more sweet or savory flavor)
Pan Seared Figs with Blue Cheese, wrapped in Prosciutto
-Thinly sliced prosciutto
-Blue Cheese cubed
-Sun dried figs
-Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Heat oil in cast iron skillet over medium-high
2. Carefully wrap 1 fig and 1 blue cheese cube in a slice of prosciutto.
3. Pan sear until prosciutto begins to crisp and blue cheese starts to melt.